Answered

Sonos Sub, makes plopping sound on standby

Its been weird, the sonos sub makes plopping “Blop” sounds in standby mode. Sounds like bubbels. What could this issue be.

• updated firmware
  • nothing is streaming system is in standby mode

Seems like its emptying a capacitor, or someting.

Tried everything problem remains

icon

Best answer by StevenV 22 May 2023, 19:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @StevenV 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend rebooting the Sub by removing power for a moment, and also removing it from the room it is bonded to, then adding it back again. Settings » System » [room with Sub] » Remove Sub, followed by Settings » System » [room that had Sub] » Connect Sub.

It could also help to reboot the speaker(s) it is bonded to.

If none of these steps stop the noise, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the update, did contact tech support (topic Gurgeling Sound).

Delivered diagnostic and router info

• Turned off TV
  • Disconnected and removed sub from room
  • Disconnected and removed surrounds from room
  • Reconnect all
  • Turn on tv

Worked for a while, but sound came back

• Removed optical cable, used new optical cable tested for sound, still there
  • Now will try a full factory reset (proposed by Sonos Tech

(also tested earlier (Removed sub and waited for the sound, yep still there)

Note the sound is random, not constant (Google Home is not the issue, removed it as well)

will keep you posted on the results of the factory reset

Alright, see list above, and did do a factory reset, now for the last couple of days never heard a “Bloop” gurgeling sound. So seems to have resolved the problem

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @StevenV 

Good news! Thanks for updating the thread!

Sorry to say, the sounds return, was less for a while and then return.

Im at loss what to do now.

Please advice Sonos?

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @StevenV 

I concur with Bruce (@Airgetlam) - please call in.

Already send the diagnostics to sonos, during a call with one of their support employees.

They know the entire setup and config, im at lost. Is it maybe the TV?, sending these random sounds via optical to the playbar? (let me disconnect it for a while) (deduction, to solve the issue)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @StevenV 

Your Playbar will be telling the Sub what to play, so if you haven’t tried already, I highly recommend rebooting the Playbar by unplugging it from power for a time.

I hope this helps.

Did a full factory reset of the entire system, but could give it a go

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @StevenV 

You reset the Playbar? Then rebooting it is unlikely to help.

I FOUND IT!!!!

Sooo after everything I tried I found the solution, its not the Sonos system, its the external devices linked to the (my Samsung) tv, turned them all off and gone is the sound. Its mostly old Phones, mouse, keyboard, etc etc, that I was never using anymore. Turned them off and done, no more gurgeling plopping sounds! Ha!

Took a while, but then here it is, start with this if you have this issue, way easier then firmware updates or fact reinstalling your sonos system!

Enjoy!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @StevenV 

Excellent news!

Thanks for updating the thread!