Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Sub Gen 1

• 5 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I have the GEN 1 Sub as part of a whole house of Sonos products. The Sub is intermittent when playing. I drops out during music playing.
I’ve disconnected it and re connected it to the system but no change.
Any thought s would be gratefully received.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

By disconnect, do you mean you have removed it from the room, than added it back in again.

Just got my first sub, i muted it and can’t unmute it in the app, sub does not respond to app.

Have you changed any wifi stuff in house? sub uses 5ghz to soundbar so could be interference

Badge

By disconnect, do you mean you have removed it from the room, than added it back in again.

Just got my first sub, i muted it and can’t unmute it in the app, sub does not respond to app.

Have you changed any wifi stuff in house? sub uses 5ghz to soundbar so could be interference

Thank you. Yes, disconnected, reset and re added to the system.
How would I sort the 5GHZ interference? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

That’s the tricky bit.

Generally i would try move sub nearer to soundbar, move other wifi, zigbee antenna transmitting stuff further away from router and soundbar….

Badge

That’s the tricky bit.

Generally i would try move sub nearer to soundbar, move other wifi, zigbee antenna transmitting stuff further away from router and soundbar….

Thank you. Yeah it’s not connected to a sounder, it’s part of ceiling speakers in a kitchen. Mmm… odd one. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

When it is bad again, send sonos a diagnostic, they can advise on what interference they can see. Eg it could be the micorwave in kitchen or the neighbours flooding your wifi channel or sonos causing a wifi storm

Badge

When it is bad again, send sonos a diagnostic, they can advise on what interference they can see. Eg it could be the micorwave in kitchen or the neighbours flooding your wifi channel or sonos causing a wifi storm

Wow, thank you. Thats great. Will do.