Answered

Sonos speakers lose sync after one speaker power cycles

• 3 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I have 3 Sonos One’s and a Sonos Move that I use regularly.   Today, I had to move one of my Sonos One speakers which involved unplugging it.   Since that time, they have been out of sync.  That is, the controller on iOS vs MacOS are playing different speakers. 

Even after a time, they have not sync’d up and it’s very frustrating (and disappointing).

I restarted each Sonos application, that has had no impact, and the Sonos application and firmware is up to date on all.   I power cycled my iOS device (iPhone 15 Pro), no effect.   When I did this, I played my music from iOS, but even restarting the MacOS app shows that nothing is playing.

My network is very, very simple.  There’s one /24 LAN, the WIFI router is literally just 10 feet away.

This feels like a software bug I’m hitting -- as I would expect the speakers to sync back, however the proprietary Sonos protocol operates.

Anyone know what the problem is?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 January 2024, 00:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Did you try power cycling the other speaker? It sounds like they aren’t properly communicating with each other, and it may not be the one that was power cycled. 

I would, however, like more information about this statement: the controller on iOS vs MacOS are playing different speakers.

Do you mean that each controller can see and play only on one speaker, while the other can only see and play on the other? That would be a separate issue, and would mean the system is set up as two separate systems. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I rebooted the speakers, restarted the apps, made more selections/deselections of speakers -- and I have it working.

Baffled.

Likely a networking thing. In order to play in sync, speakers need to be able to communicate with each other across the subnet.