Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos speaker continuosly disapper

• 26 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Dear all,

I have a Sonos system composed by a Sonos One, an One SL and a Roam.

Since a couple of weeks I’m not able to use the system anymore.

I run the app from my smartphone (Samsung S21) and everything is fine, but after a couple of minutes the system disapper from the app and I cannot control it anymore.

I’ve tried to reset all the Sonos device, but the issue remain.

I’ve also tried with other smartphones, but the issue is still there. I gave to Sonos app all the needed authorisations.

I’ve tried to play from the Sonos app installed in the PC (Windows 11) and it works fine.

Please can you help me?

It’s really a pity I cannot use the system during Christmas time…

Thank you,

Bye.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It actually sounds more like an issue with your router. Try unplugging (and powering down the Roam) and then reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to finish reloading, then plug back in your Sonos devices (and power up the Roam). Give them a couple of minutes to reboot and reconnect as well, then open up the Sonos controller and see if you can now ‘see’ all speakers, and test.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am having the same problem after being a very faithful client of Sonos for about 11 years. I have tried working with the help line and they are always great but system then starts dropping rooms again the same day. I have unplugged all range extenders and rebooted router which is in my main room so range isn't a problem.

Now trying to control using only iPad Pro and that seems to be working better. Samsung s21 often switching to mystery router (settings say it is mine but I have to quit and reattach for Sonos to recognize).

Are Sonos and Samsung in a spat? Sometimes I think we just pay and are pawns thru their turf wars. For example... Sonos has now dropped Google voice control....sigh.

If your Sonos devices weren’t unplugged when you rebooted your router, it’s likely you didn’t get the appropriate affect regarding duplicate IP addresses. 

I’m not aware of any legal actions between Sonos and Samsung, as there is between Sonos and Google, but I don’t look very often. 

Google changed the requirements, from what I’ve seen. That’s why Sonos can’t include Google voice control in the newer products.