Answered

Sonos SL Won't Maintain WiFi Connection

• 23 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I purchased a Sonos One SL in April and it has worked pretty reliably until a couple weeks ago. Now, it won’t maintain a connection on the 2.4 or 5ghz band for more than a few hours. I have tried resetting the router and switching to a different channel on the 2.4 ghz band. The Sonos usually sits about 30-40 feet from the router. If I move the Sonos closer to the router, the connection is reestablished. But when I move the Sonos to my bedroom, the connection eventually drops. 

My router is an Asus AC88U. None of my other devices have trouble connecting to the router. 

Could the Sonos have a faulty WiFi radio. I appreciate any help with fixing this problem. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 November 2022, 18:39

View original

2 replies

It’s possible. Connect the speaker temporarily with an Ethernet cable so it is showing up in the controller, then submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. There certainly should be evidence if your WiFi controller is failing  

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

If any support staff are reading this, I submitted a diagnostic report (#1997930361).