Skip to main content
Question

sonos roam

• 15 June 2024
  • 6 replies

When my Sonos Roam battery runs off and I connect it to power I can’t play music. I vitally I can’t turn it on at all for a while like 10 or 15 min. Is this a design flaw or my roam is malfunctioning?
Thank you. 

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Anybody?????

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

It’s possible there is a minimum recharge level. But you might need to contact Sonos support for an answer, rather than a user community. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Ah okay thank you. I thought the community had Sonos Technician that could answer. 

With lithium-ion batteries it’s best to not leave them fully discharged for long periods… if left to go ‘flat’ it can take a while to get them back up and running.

When not in use, I just either power off the Roam completely (5+ sec power button press till I hear the shutdown tone) and/or use the power saving features, or I simply leave it charging on a Qi charger.

I rarely let it fall below 15% battery-level and it’s now over 3 years old and still going strong. If you do keep ‘em on a charger it’s ‘apparently’ a good thing to discharge them below 20% at least once every six months, or so. At least I read that somewhere, so I do that… and I do a similar thing with my mobile phones/tablets too.

Userlevel 3
Badge

How do you get the battery level? 
i use it via airplay on Spotify because the Sonos app is trash and the percentage is buried in the preferences. 

How do you get the battery level? 
i use it via airplay on Spotify because the Sonos app is trash and the percentage is buried in the preferences. 

See attached or if you don’t want to use the App goto…

http://[IP Address of Device]:1400/status/batterystatus