Sonos Ray Lag on

• 30 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Good evening! I bought the Sonos Ray for my TV today. I've never bought a soundbar before and I didn't exactly know the difference between eARC and the optical connection that my Ray has. I connected it all properly, so I tried to play a movie from Amazon Prime and the problems appeared. Anything with Dolby Atmos would stutter and I could only hear intermittent sound. Anything else without this didn't have such an issue. Is there a solution for this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Dolby Atmos is too high bandwidth to be carried properly across an optical connection such as the Ray’s. You’d need to go with a Dolby Digital connection, max, to fit the appropriate bandwidth, which likely requires some options settings both in your TV and the source devices. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Can you set up your to not send Dolby Atmos - the Ray cannot work with it anyway.

Is there any guide I can follow from sonos side on this matter?

Probably the sales page is the most likely place for data, particularly the link to here.