Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Port not working

• 29 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I just bought the Sonos Port to connect with my turntable, so I can play on Sonos Move. After much trouble I finally got it to work yesterday. 

I tried to do exactly the same thing as I did yesterday - pick Sonos Move in rooms and then select line-in as music source - but it’s not working. No sound. 

I doesn’t even work when I plug my computer into Port - no sound. 

In the app I can see that an external source is connected and that it’s playing. I’ve checked all sound levels, but no sound. Except for one time yesterday (so I know that it’s possible!). 

Somebody able to help? I guess my problem could be some kind of small stupid thing within the app… 

2 replies

Don’t trust those ‘indicators’ in the controller that something is playing, I’m not convinced that they actually track anything ‘real’. 

I’d agree, it’s puzzling. I’d be checking to ensure that all the cables connecting are properly seated, and that the turntable is set to ‘line’ rather than ‘phono’ level. 

However, I also think (and I have no real experience to base this in, but there’s no other responses to your thread), that you’re ‘controlling’ the wrong device. You should be choosing line in on the Port, not the Move, and then directing it to play on the Move as a ‘output room’. 

Perhaps others who have more experience will reply, and either confirm, or deny my supposition. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Anna Rosenkrands, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m also puzzled into what’s wrong. If you’ve had the system working before then, unless something has changed between the configuration, it should continue to work.

The best way to check this would be to submit a diagnostics while playing from the turntable with the Move grouped and reply here with the confirmation number. Then I can have a look into the system and see why you aren’t getting any audio.