Question

Sonos Play 5 loosing connection

• 28 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Good morning, 

Yesterday my Sonos Play 5 dropped off my sonos app and had a white flashing light, I recycled power numerous times to the speaker and my WiFi router and after a while it randomly reconnected. 

today I’ve woke to find it’s dropped off again, same flashing white light. I’ve moved it closer to my main home WiFi router but still nothing. 

I think it’s an issue with connectivity or establishing an IP? 

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Steve

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Please check that both ends of the power cord(s) are properly attached. 
Can you wire one of your Sonos units with an ethernet cable to run your system on SonosNet which tend to be more stable than wifi?
If that does not fix it, submit a diagnostic and post the number here for a Sonos employee to look into.

Good morning, 

I’ve ran a diagnostic which is ref #671085545. 

please could sonos look at this and see what my issue is. 

I’ve also a WiFi booster which I powered on and this diagnostic had my play Ethernet connected to this #510957519. 

Kind Regards

Steve

I’ve just connected my playbar to my main router via Ethernet and my play 5 showed within the sonos app, still flashing a white light and unable to connect it to other speakers. Diagnostic #2103701749. 

maybe with the 3 diagnostics something might show 🤷‍♂️. 

Steve

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks,

@StevieG345, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for providing us with a detailed concern and for submitting the diagnostics. Let me help you with this.

Based on the diagnostics, all the reports showing that your Play 5 is not online in the network. Have you tried what @ClausN recommended?

It would be great if you can temporarily wire your Play 5 to your router and run the diagnostic. Just include the confirmation number in your response for us to check what's going on.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above. We'll wait for your reply.