Sonos Play 5 - Bluetooth Adapter

• 23 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello Sonos Community!

I have paired 1 Sonos Play 5 (with line-in) and 1 Sonos One. 

Sometimes, I would like to stream music via Bluetooth, and I’m wondering if anybody could recommend a suitable adapter.

I understand that it should be plugged in the Sonos Play 5 line-in, in which case I would lose the pairing with the Sonos One, correct?

Any additional tip?

Have a great Sonos’ day!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not sure what you mean by pairing with the Sonos One. I’ll assume grouping. But anything fed to a line-in can be played on any and all speakers in the system.  Line-in is just another source for the system.

You could prove this to yourself by connecting your phone directly by cable to the line-in. 

This article and the various other articles linked within it should give you all the info you need.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1080?language=en_US

Edit: my reply expanded at same time @ratty posting his.

I guess the ‘pairing’ is actually grouping.

Line-In Autoplay -- if that’s what’s being referred to -- can maintain the group if required. There’s a check box.

As for the Bluetooth question, it depends what you want. Receivers come in various flavours, depending on things like the audio codec support (AAC, aptX, aptX HD, etc), output capabilities (analog, digital), whether you need a built-in battery, range, Bluetooth version, and so forth. You shouldn’t go wrong with an Avantree.