Sonos:Play 3 slow to respond

• 1 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have a Sonos Play 3 that i bought a few years ago. I have since i bought it had issues with both the Sonos app and via Spotify being slow to respond. It takes a lot of seconds until it responds.

For example:

If i increase or decrease the volume it takes near 5-6 seconds until something happens (this is for both the Sonos app and Spotify). 

It has annoyed med a lot, but recently it has become so bad that it’s really frustrating and making me question the product. Would be great to get som assistance.

Best regards,

Leo

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Leotrim.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

My guess there’s some sort of interference causing difficulty in communicating properly to the speaker.

Have you tested other controllers besides your phone just to compare the performance?

Is it possible to hardwire temporarily the speaker directly to the router just to see if theirs any difference?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Just tried via the Sonos app and for some reason it works great. When i switch song and change the volume it responds directly. It’s through Spotify that the response time is superslow. 

Is there anyway to fix it? Since the play 3 don’t support AirPlay on my iPhone nor iPad. It’s convenient through Spotify since you can change volume/song without actually unlocking the phone.

I’m with Mark P, it’s likely either wifi interference , or a duplicate IP issue coming and going, which is causing intermittent issues in commands reaching the speakers.

Start by reading the FAQ both he and I linked to. There are a lot of potential solutions there that may be applicable.

It’s also worth trying a simple network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power. While they are unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug the Sonos devices back in, and wait a couple of minutes before testing. 

Badge

Ok. I’ll try changing the channel and so on and see if it works.

Thanks for the help.

I have exactly the same problem and looking at forums it seems to be a common issue. Using Sonos app it works absolutely fine but via Spotify there is massive lag. It makes no sense to be a network issue if it works perfectly via the Sonos app. Having said that I tried the network troubleshooting with no improvement.