Question

Sonos Play 1 - flashing white light- wireless card issue?

• 12 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos play 1 

after unplugging to move, it will not reboot.

spoke to Sonos tech support, they couldn’t do anything other than offer to sell me a new one as I was 16 days out of warranty 😒

tried the factory reset, hard reset etc and nothing.

ive logged into my router to see if it is there and it’s not coming up. Plugged in via Ethernet, still not registering.

is this likely to be a network card issue or more like a blown component on the main board. 
Ive disassembled the unit and tested the fuses and checked other components. All seems fine. 
if anyone has had this issue and has fixed, please let me know. 

thankyou

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Nick2rob.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for bringing this to our attention and for going the extra mile on starting with some basic troubleshooting steps. I understand the situation you’re in and would like to help out.

I would like to recommend going through this guide on how to successfully perform a complete reset on your Sonos device. I would also like to share with you this link on how to understand the light status on your Sonos device

Once we have verified that the proper steps were performed to reset the Sonos Play 1 but still unable to get a flashing green light, I would recommend calling our Technical support Team for further in-depth troubleshooting step and for a possible replacement. 

Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns. We are always here, ready to help.

Thanks,