Skip to main content

I’m trying to connect a Sonos One back to my system, but no luck. 

The speaker was connected fine in one room, but when I moved it to another room, the system didn't recognize it. I’ve tried a system reset (holding the infinity button while plugging in the speaker) numerous times, but when I get to the stage where it’s connecting to my network, I get a message that says, “Your Sonos has been added, but may not appear in your System. If so, unplug the power cord and plug it back in to finish setup from system settings.” That doesn’t work. I’ve tried this about 5 times. I’ve moved the speaker to a third room and no luck. I’ve reset my router without luck. I’m stumped. 

Note that all my other Sonos speakers (3 Sonos Ones, 1 Play:5, and 1 Beam) are connected without issue.

The first thing I’d try is wiring it directly to my router with an Ethernet cable. Doing a factory reset probably wasn’t a great idea, it merely hides any issues, rather than fixing them. 

If that doesn’t work, it’s probably best to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.