Answered

Sonos One SL will not connect to the app

• 3 January 2023
  • 6 replies

I recently bought 2 Sonos One SLs. I was able to set the system up and my phone was able to connect to them. However, every subsequent time I try to open the app it continues to load and then has me go through the whole setup process again. I am on the same WIFI network so do not understand why it does not connect automatically. It takes about 10 minutes to go through the connect process of finding the speakers, reentering the WIFI password, etc. I have deleted the app and then reinstalled it several times. I have gone through this process several times and it is making me rethink the purchase.

My wife does not have the same issue and is able to connect automatically. 

Given the price, it is extremely frustrating that these speakers do not connect automatically to the app when I open it.

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 3 January 2023, 16:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This is a network issue. Are you using any wi-fi extenders in your home?  Does your wife use the same controller iOS vs Android?  

We have a mesh system. We are on the same network as the speakers.

She uses the same app I do on iOS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

We have a mesh system. We are on the same network as the speakers.

She uses the same app I do on iOS.

Mesh networks cause a lot of problems mainly due to the automatic channel changing to avoid interference.  If possible, it’s worth connecting one Sonos device to the base unit of your mesh network and then removing the wi-fi credentials and allowing your Sonos device to create their own SonosNet mesh network.

Interesting, thanks. Do you have any insight into why she does not experience the issue I have with connecting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The most likely cause is duplicate IP addresses, please see my post: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

This was very helpful. I realized the VPN on my iPhone was the issue. Once I switched it off I was able to connect to the speakers consistently. Thanks again!