Skip to main content
Question

Sonos One SL suddenly no power

• 2 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a pair of Sonos One SL and one speaker suddenly stopped working. The lights are not going on, even though there was no power outage and it has been plugged into the same place since purchase. Coincidentally this occurred on the same day as the software upgrade on my iphone.

Sadly this happened to me previously with my original One speaker and I replaced it with this one. Why does this equipment suddenly die? Is there a part that can be replaced or a software change that can make it power up again?

I should have cut my losses and switched out of this system.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’m having the same issue. One of the 4 speakers stopped working less than 2 months after purchasing from Amazon.  No power light. I’ve changed cords, moved to other outlets, tried to reset, and nothing works. I’m currently on a 65 minute hold with SONOS Customer Service to resolve or request a replacement.

I noticed a few weeks ago mine also doesn’t have power. I am lucky I have a small apartment currently but for the price of my complete setup…  I mean it didn’t sound as good, but my Samsung setup cost $2k and my dad is still using it after 15 years, and it has Bluetooth…

————

Seperate issue, but also not at all…

My sub randomly disconnected the other day. got to add again, the app is still awful. When reconnecting the sub for 30 minutes, reset, hold phone on sensor again enter code, can’t find wifi. Honestly sort it out please! It said if my 2g and 4g wifi networks are the same ssid name that I need to change them but my router doesn’t have the option and regardless all my other tech gets band steered. Why doesn’t this unit? how about you guys fix the issue. Why don’t you just set your system network configs to only use one band selectable on the app, if you can’t make it work automatically.