Skip to main content

Sonos One SL (stereo pair) channel imbalance

• 21 February 2023
  • 1 reply

I have 2 Sonos One SLs which I have owned for approximately 12 months or more. I have recently moved them to my desk and have paired them in stereo. One speaker is always lower in volume than the other, which I can tell as the stereo image (on song I know intimately where the voice should be dead centre) always favours one side. This needs a channel balance adjustment of about +7 in the app to correct. I am certain it is a problem with one of the speakers as I’ve swapped the them left to right and the balance issue also switches from left to right. I have reset both speakers and set them up again and the problem persists. It is present whether streaming using the Sonos App or via airplay.

While I can correct with a balance adjustment I’d prefer to not have to. Do I have a faulty speaker, or is there a setting (related to volume limits) that has someone gotten baked into one of the speakers that has survived a factory reset.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @TwentyFive22 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If the issue has survived a factory reset, then the only real course of action left is to get in touch with our technical support team directly - I assume a replacement will be needed.

I hope this helps.