Answered

Sonos One SL no connecting

• 31 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I have a Sonos One SL which has decided to stop working and is unable to connect to the WiFi. For the last 2 hours I gave gone through the  factory resetting, listening to it chime with no connection. Final messages vary from there is a router issue and is not compatible with 5G. I haven’t changed internet providers so not sure what has happened. Also error 1001 was displayed when clicking on options! 

I have a Sonos Player 1 which works fine and I’ve checked the WiFi connection on Sonos and it says good! 

Any ideas or what the problem is and how to solve it. 

Thanks from a very frustrated user!!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 December 2023, 18:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Please stop factory resetting it, you’re effectively erasing any data that might help you in the future.

It may be germane in the future to note that Sonos makes a PLAY:1 or a One, but there is no ‘Player 1’.

If you look at the FAQ, you’ll see that 1001 is that the speaker isn’t able to reach your network, for whatever reason. One of the things I would try is temporarily wiring this speaker to your router with an Ethernet cable, and see if the ‘add a device’ process then works.

If not, I would call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Thanks for the reply, Bruce and after 2hours I stopped doing factory reset! 

I’ll purchase a cable and see if that works. So confusing as it worked previously via WiFi 

thanks again
Avril

If you have a spare Ethernet cable lying around, just temporarily move the speaker, it’s just a standard Ethernet connection. No ‘special’ cable needed, and the nice thing is Sonos speakers are easy to move. 

Morning Bruce,

I’ve got the Sonos speaker up and running now finally, how long do I need to leave it connected to the cable before I can reconnect to WIFI and move back to the original room. 

Thanks Avril 

If the device is now set up, and you’ve checked to be sure the router’s WiFi signal still conforms to the Sonos Network Requirements , and the appropriate information is set up as the network in the controller, per the wired and wireless modes FAQ, then you should be able to remove that cable now.

Or, leave it connected, it’s entirely up to you.