Skip to main content
Question

Sonos One SL Dropping

• 10 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello, I have 2 Sonos One SL speakers, Beam and subwoofer. Purchased about 4yrs ago. WiFi connected to Xfinity xFi gateway located on 2nd floor. The xfinity cable box is about 25ft as the crow flies from my SL speakers and 15ft from the Beam with one interior wall between the box and spkrs. The issue I’ve always had is the SL speakers cutout. Usually I unplug and plug back in. This works for a little while. Per the xfinity app showing device connections, the Beam is connected at 2.4Ghz and SL speakers connected at 5Ghz. The xfinity app shows strong connection to spkrs and Beam. The Sonos app shows strong connection to the Beam but the SL spkrs fluctuate between fair and strong. So, I assume somehow I need to improve the SL spkr connection. I cannot move the cable box downstairs. I read something about the Sonos boost which I guess is not available anymore. But this made me wonder if I could use a linksys ea6100 router that I’m not using - connect to my cable box then somehow connect all my spkrs to the linksys? The router would still be upstairs but maybe dedicated to just the spkrs? Would this help? I’m not that knowledgeable with these kind of things so I don’t know. Sorry for long winded question but if anyone could help or give me some guidance it would be much appreciated. Thank you! David

2 replies

If anyone is interested, doing a factory reset on each speaker then reconnecting worked for me.

….and just a side note - the sonos app is very cumbersome and needs to be more simplistic. I only use the sonos spkr system for TV source, nothing else. I always have to open the app to turn on the SL spkrs after turning the TV on. The Beam and mini-sub come on when the TV does but not the SL spkrs. I think they sound great but a nightmare to manage thru the app. Just my opinion