Skip to main content

I installed my Sonus, added Google Voice Assistant and Apple Music. No problem I can ask Sonos to play music and it does. The problem is I already use Google home mini throughout the house and although I can see the Sonos speaker in the app and I can control the volume I can’t cast to it. The speaker is in the Device list but not in the cast list. If I ask Google to play on Sonos it says “this is not supported” . The question is can you integrate the speaker or not? I’m confused so much info on the web with different views. Its like have 2 instances of Google Assistant, One for Sonos and one for all my other speakers? Any help greatly appreciated. Thank yo  

Hello @IcanCiT, welcome to the Sonos Community!

The response you are getting from Google Assistant is correct. Apple Music is not currently supported for use with the Google Assistant on Sonos.

More details, including the above information can be found on the following Support Article: Set up a Google Assistant device to control Sonos

I would suggest you to raise this with Google and Apple Music, for what is worth, the more people requesting it, higher the chances for it to be noticed and implemented.

I hope this helps.