Answered

Sonos One (2nd Gen) keeps disappearing from app

• 17 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Current set up is a two 1st gen One speakers, a gen one sound bar and a 2nd gen One speaker. Of these speakers the soundbar and one of the 1st gen One speakers get used daily the other 1st gen and 2nd gen One speakers get occasional use. The problem I have is that more often than not when I fire up the app the 2nd gen speaker will be missing from the app and I’ll have to reboot the speaker and app, sometimes multiple times before it reappears. If it’s missing and I try and re-add it via the setup it will start the process but just time out. Once it is added it works absolutely fine for however long we use it. It’s left on permanently. 

Wi-Fi setup does have range extenders however apart from warnings that this may cause playback issue when streaming through multiple speakers this has never caused any issues. Warning pops up but playback works perfectly across whatever speakers are selected so feels unlikely to be the issue. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 December 2023, 14:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It’s probably the range extender as these AP’s are not supported by Sonos. My thoughts are, if not tried already, either…

• Switch the system over to SonosNet by wiring one Sonos device to the main router. Set the SonosNet channel in the App to channel 1, 6 or 11 and set the wired device at least one metre away from the router/other wireless devices. Set the routers 2.4Ghz WiFi band to a different channel than the chosen SonosNet channel, but again use the non-overlapping channels 1, 6 or 11. It may help to set the channel-width to 20Mhz only aswell. Also setup the range extender to mirror the router, using the same SSID/credentials and WiFi Channels/Channel-Width. Also go onto remove the WiFi credentials stored in the Sonos App (important) as this will ensure your Sonos devices do not use the routers WiFi, or range extender signal.
  • Alternatively do not wire a Sonos product, instead continue to run all on your WiFi, but as mentioned above, set the routers 2.4 GHz band to use channel 1, 6 or 11 with a channel-width of 20Mhz only and set the range extender to mirror the same SSID/credentials and WiFi Channels/Channel-Width. If this WiFi setup still causes you an issue, then simply block/blacklist the Sonos MAC addresses so that they do not use the range extender.