Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos newbie

• 23 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi

I’m considering purchasing a Sonos Era 300 for listening to music. I’ve watched some YouTube videos, read reviews and am a little confused now whether to go for one Era 300 or get a stereo pair of Era 100s.

I am also interested in whether to add a sub mini into the equation as I like bass.

The music I mainly listen to is house, drum n bass, and not sure how much is with Dolby Atmos. I currently listen to music via an Amazon Echo speaker (don’t judge) but appreciate good quality sound and want to upgrade my listening experience in my home. The speaker(s) will sit in my open plan living dining and kitchen space approx 40m2, in the living space which is on one side of the open space.

I’m open to getting two Era 300s either from the start or adding a second later on. And should I consider the sub mini or wait?

i welcome advice on where to start on my Sonos journey.

Thank you!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Sonos does offer a 30-day return policy so you could buy a 100 and a 300 and listen for yourself. Return the one you don’t want to keep (or both, but  I don’t think that’ll happen) and add a second if you so choose. 

I have a pair of 300’s and am happy without a Sub, but do mostly listen to different genres than you.