Answered

sonos move connected to wifi and bluetooth but won’t play music

• 1 January 2023
  • 8 replies

I can connect my move to wifi and my iphone says connected by bluetooth. However the little share button icon is greyed out (unlike my sonos speakers for house and outside). When i click on move it just takes me through tour every time

icon

Best answer by jgatie 1 January 2023, 23:57

View original

8 replies

Unlike the Roam, the Move cannot be on WiFi and Bluetooth at the same time.  To use it via the Sonos app, disconnect the Bluetooth.

I don’t understand that response. I first set up my Move speaker to my wifi as instructed by the setup instructions. Then I  connected to bluetooth on my iphone. My iphone shows it as an option (and I get all of the beeps, buzzes and bells on the Move itself that the setup instructions say I should to connect to bluetooth including the blue lights pulsing, etc.). However, when I try to play it and select the Move option it just takes me through the tour. My wife can play it fine on her iphone. It always worked fine for me before until today.

It’s because you have the Move connected to Bluetooth, as @jgatie mentions. Disconnect it from Bluetooth and use it on WiFi instead to play music to it from the Sonos App (which uses a WiFi connection, not Bluetooth).

Hi. Are you trying to use the Sonos app to play music when the connection is over Bluetooth? When you are connected to a speaker by Bluetooth the Sonos app is irrelevant for that speaker.

There isn't a "Move optiom" on your screenshot. There is a message that the speaker is connected by Bluetooth (from which you are supposed to infer that you cannot currently use the Move via the Sonos app).

Ah, now I understand. You cannot play through the Sonos app if you are connected by bluetooth. You have to play through bluetooth directly from music on your phone (or whatever other source is being used).

Precisely. In Bluetooth mode the Move is just a dumb Bluetooth speaker.

I MUST SAY, this is one of the most effective and prompt communities with which I have ever dealt (all issues with understanding were a result of my feeble brain, not any of the contributions by respondents). I love all of my Sonos products and have found the entire system to be top notch. I am surprised to say that the community is even better than the products. Thank you to everyone again.