Answered

Sonos Five - Line in audio issue

Dear Sonos Customer Service,

I have a Sonos Five, an iPhone 11 Pro, a 3.5 auxiliary cable and an Apple lightning to 3.5 audio adapter.

When trying the play music from my phone on the Five via the auxiliary cable and adapter, i am faced with the ultimate disappointment of hearing no sound from my speaker. Is there an update that Sonos can push out to either resolve this issue or begin supporting this method of connectivity? I am not always near available wifi for use and the main buying point for me for this speaker was that it has an in-line port.

All products are in great/working condition and both the auxiliary cable and lightning adapter was recently purchased as new from Best Buy.

Thank you for any assistance in advance! 

icon

Best answer by controlav 3 May 2021, 15:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you have Autoplay enabled and the Five selected as the Autoplay Room under the Line-In settings for the Five? You should also adjust the Source Level.

Or have you selected Line-In under Browse in the Sonos app?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Do you have Autoplay enabled and the Five selected as the Autoplay Room under the Line-In settings for the Five? You should also adjust the Source Level.

Or have you selected Line-In under Browse in the Sonos app?

You need to configure this as GuitarSuperstar says above while on wifi, especially autoplay. Then it should work when used when not connected to wifi.

The choice of a Sonos speaker is frankly strange for a system you wish to use when not near wifi though. A Bluetooth speaker would be a better choice, and you wouldn’t need the cable adapter either that way.

Mod edit: added quote for clarity prior to marking as Best Answer.