Answered

Sonos era 300 stand issue

• 19 July 2023
  • 9 replies

I have purchased the pair of stands for the era 300 speakers.

Upon assembly one of the poles seems to have manufacturing issues, as the screw holding either the base or the speaker will not screw into the hole, I assume the thread is faulty. 

I have tried and tried to the point I am worried about damaging one of the product, but I can not assemble the stand. 

anyone else had this issue or progressed a replacement part order with Sonos?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 19 July 2023, 12:15

View original

9 replies

I haven’t had the issue, but I would just contact Sonos Sales and arrange a replacement with them. Here is their contact link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/global-sales-help

Thanks Ken,

I have done as such and they have issued a replacement.

Thanks

Further update!!!

Still nothing.

5 days ago - 1st call, 30 mins on the phone confirmed a replacement has been issued.

3 days ago - 2nd call, confirmed the case was with the replacement teams, await emails confirmation. 

today - 3rd call, Sonos state they are waiting me to call, no replacement has been processed and they are not sure why.

Very unhappy customer here, after purchasing over £2k of product’s that are currently sat on the floor with no confidence in a replacement been issued. Very poor service from Sonos….

Oh, I was told it would have to wait until tomorrow now as they close in 15 mins...

Looks like I'm also one of the unlucky ones with the stand issue.  One of my stands also have the wrong threads drilled onto the Era 300 stand post.  I just notified sales and had to send a few pictures.  It's kind of weird since you can't tell the threads were drilled incorrectly through manufacturing unless you tried to thread the screws on during assembly.  Anyway, I'm waiting for the next step in this.  Rob23, did you ever get yours fully resolved?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

For what it’s worth … the screws are all same size but the white ones are white paint coated … and the tube thread is likely to have also have some spray paint making the screw fitting a bit delicate . 

The first speaker connection was in fact difficult and the avoid damaging the speakers while you trying to  secure it ,  I took of the speaker and applied a bit of WD40 silicon lubrication on the screw and the tube thread and homed in the screw on its own . That did the trick and created a thread with the paint being removed . Now the screw was going in properly and wasn’t difficult to attach the speaker to the base .

For the second speaker I did the “rethreading” first and kept that screw for the base  and it was it fact easier … 

Hope this helps..

Audiosymbol, I actually got the black ones.  I tested the screws on each stand.  It went it smooth with no resistance on one stand and a lot of resistance on the other stand.  In regards to the one with a lot of resistance, the screw just stops half a centimeter in.  It's obvious the threads on that particular stand either had a different pitch or not cut deep enough.  I made sure the screws were going in the right way to avoid cross threading since it was a fine pitch.  However, it is clearly a manufacturing /quality control issue.  Sonos just sent me a replacement stand.  I'll update when this is resolved.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Ok CathTech - it does seem like a manufacturing/quality issue  as you say… I only had a problem with one screw insert on one stand only and that is the part securing the speaker bracket to the pole.

It looks like in your case one stand is faulty and rightly they should replace it..but suggest you go easy on it.. if need be grease the thread ..

I only got the stands today and it’s all setup and looks great… just one screw where the screwdriver crosshead thread has a bit of shear on it..

i phoned up customer services ( I’m in the UK) and surprising I was told that if the screw has sheared it’s a customer issue and no returns are entertained which baffled me a bit !  I was advised to get replacement screws from a hardware store!

Thankfully it’s all fixed at my end… the only issue is if I have to move, that stand will not be dismantled to avoid completely shearing the screw..

Yes.  For the price of what Sonos asks for their products, they shouldn't need any "greasing" or any type of modification or workaround to basically use a brand new product.  I'd avoid this because it could look like tampering and you'd void the warranty or any chance of replacement on their dime.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

You are strictly correct . They should connect up seamlessly but assume  with the volume of stuff that are produced ,it’s inevitable there will be some dud ones ..   There were a number of frustrated new owners complaining about out of the box Era 300s looking  badly produced etc

..…..frustratingly  your stands  may have been one of them . Have you received your replacement? 

Unless there are likely to damages to the items  in the midst of connecting these things , I’m ok with helping the fixing process along with the lubing  … plus the thought of sending it all back 🙄 .  I would however raise a support query though if the situation was similar to yours and request a replacement .