Sonos drops out every morning on initial startup…

• 13 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I’m new to the chat thing….i have a mesh system for internet in my home…half of the speakers drop off every morning at startup….so damn annoying….I have a pair of Era 300s a pair of Fives and a Sub…..Sonos checked the system out via their system in California, they claim it’s seamless and checks out good on their end…any suggestions for how to fix this problem…?

Thanks, Ben

4 replies

Have you assigned reserved IP addresses in your router for the Sonos devices? Have you tried a different WiFi channel for your mesh network? Have you tried SonosNet with a non conflicting channel from your own mesh? 

I have not tried any of those things because I’m not that tech savvy… However, I will contact them and find out What the best way for me to go about that… Thanks so much for the info and the way it sounds that would logically hook it together more seamlessly than what it currently is. Thanks again for the response. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Reserved / static addresses are easily set from your router’s DHCP settings page. The Sonos aren’t involved in the settings process, they just fetch the addresses from the router after they are set.

That’s very interesting….thanks for that information…. Dig into it…