Skip to main content

I moved to a new house and after many painful repetitive attempts I was able to connect my play bar, play3 , Roam , and sonos one speakers.  However , if i attempt to group any of the speakers the system drops connections to the speakers.  I then have to uninstall app, unplug speakers, reboot router,  and go through the same process again to get speakers connected.  if i play them individually there is no problem.  it just fries when i try to have two speakers grouped together.  I would appreciate any suggestions.  And by the way, I hate Sonos.

What model router are you using?

Are you able to wire any of your speakers directly to your router with an ethernet cable?

i was trying to avoid having to do that.

i was trying to avoid having to do that.

If you have a speaker close to the router, it’s not that big of a deal. I keep one speaker wired and it has greatly improved the network performance and reliability of my entire Sonos system.

I suggest that you refrain from factory reset without further consult. As you discovered, it rarely cures fundamental issues and it also destroys diagnostic data that could have revealed the fundamental issue. But, the reset might temporarily, accidentally work around something.

Describe your network for us. Models? What is wired? Wireless? Network switches? Wireless mesh points?

Drilled a hole in wall and fished an Ethernet cable to one of the speakers. Then i had to delete app, reinstall app,  and unplug everything about five times and it finally started working.  The system has worked for about 12 hours now. Yeah.  What a wonderful “wireless” product….