Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos connected but no sound in 15.1

• 25 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

The SUB in my Arc+LS+RS+Sub setup says it’s connected but I am no longer getting any sound out of it despite restarting the router and Sonos system several times, as suggested in a similar post.

You can see from the screenshots it is connected; you can see the status of Atmos sound hitting the Arc; you can even see that I have turned the sub volume up to max! Nothing!

I have the volume limiter set to 50% but not sure why that would affected the sub. Please help!

Deleted, misread the post. 

I chatted to support and found the problem. WIFI was disabled on the Arc. I have the Arc connected to the router next to the TV at the front of the room, so I thought I could disable wifi for it. 

The LS, RS and Sub are at the back of the room. The weird thing is that the surrounds work with wifi disabled on the Arc, but the Sonos does not. It says connected but does not produce any sound until you enable Wifi on the Arc.

Unless you’ve cable connected the surrounds they rely on the same dedicated 5Ghz link the Sub would rely on. Very strange they would still work with the (confusingly named) wifi off.