Answered

Sonos Beam S2 working but not showing in the app

• 29 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I have Sonos Beam and One S2. Both worked fine yesterday and for over 3 years I had no issues. But today it all changed. Both were grouped. My network is run on Deco mesh system.

Beam disappeared from the app but it is still working, despite the fact I don’t see it in the app. One is showing in the app but not working. Can’t turn it off and no sound coming though.

I tried adding Beam back to the app but getting an error “There was a problem connecting your Beam to network”. I tried several times but nothing works. The best result I had it said it was connected, but right after it reverts back and offers to connect it again. The only way to make it work like it was before is to connect Beam with router through enternet cable. After that both Beam and One show in the app and can be grouped.

Can anybody help me to figure out how to fix this issue. I prefer Wi-Fi connection.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 October 2023, 02:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

My initial thought was potential wifi interference. It may be valuable in reading the linked FAQ. Be aware not all interference comes from within your network, or even your home. 

The other potential, although less likely, is a duplicate IP issue caused by your router. It may be a good time to read your router’s manual, and set up reserved IP addresses for your Sonos. I found it scary for the first one, but ultimately very easy to do with later speakers. And frankly, it’s just a good thing for your network.