Answered

Sonos application can not detect speaker system while I connect to different wifi AP with the same network in my home

• 25 January 2024
  • 6 replies

I am using each Ruijie access point in each room of my home. I installed my Sonos ERA 100 pair (stereo) in the living room. The Sonos speaker connects to Ruijie AP in the Living Room. I move to the main bedroom; my mobile phone connects to Ruijie AP in the Main Bedroom; when I open the Sonos application from my mobile, I try to control the Sonos speaker in the living room. The application can not discover the Sonos speaker. The error message tries to connect with the same wifi network of the Sonos system speaker. 

My setting of the AP Wifi is L2 Roaming, and there is no VLAN. I checked with my mobile phone port scanner application from the AP Living Room and AP Master Bedroom to my Sonos speaker IP address, and there are the same four open ports. 

Anybody help me solve this issue so I can control the Sonos Speaker from any room? 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by jlamo 29 January 2024, 12:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Which model of access point? Some kit is not entirely transparent and obstructs the subnet broadcasts used by SSDP.

I am using Ruijie AP820-L(V2). What is SSDP? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Service_Discovery_Protocol

There may be something you can tweak in the management interface.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jlamo 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you are still experiencing this issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Thank you Corry, I already solved the problem with enable mulicast traffic in my wireless LAN.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jlamo 

Great - thanks for updating the thread!