Skip to main content

Sonos App does not support Spectrum or Charter routers

• 24 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I  recently switched over from Bose Soundlink Mini to Sonos Roam 2. I did this primarily to sync my new speaker to my homes Wifi system, along with the ability to pair more speakers in the future. I could not get my speaker to show up on my home Wifi system. I contacted Live Chat I they helped me get my speaker setup, but could not get the speaker to show up on my Spectrum Wifi system. Through some diagnostic research. it had been determine that my Spectrum Router was non compatible with the Sonos software. Consequently Sonos software does not support any Spectrum or Charter routers. The Live Chat technician said the software developers have not fixed the incompatibility issues. Out here in Winfield, Mo, we don’t have much to choose from Cable carriers. I would have liked to invested in a whole house speaker system, but the Sonos software developers have not made that possible for me. I am very disappointed to find this out after I had purchased the speaker.  I love the speaker, but I will not invest further.

1 reply

Spectrum router caused all the problems with mine. I kept their modem and exchanged the new "latest" router Spectrum gave me with a TP Link 4 and all works now. Fought same thing you were for 2 months. I finally found something in the Sonos site that says Spectrum routers don't work.