Skip to main content
Question

SONOS App Connection Resets - Office And Home

• 15 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a Sonos Playbase and Sonos SL at home, and a Sonos SL in the office.

Every time I switch locations, I have to go through a frustrating process to reconnect my devices to the app. Here's what happens:

At Home:

1. “No Products found”
  2. Go to System Settings > Update Network
  3. Follow the prompts and enter the WiFi password
  4. Press the buttons on the back
  5. Devices connect to the app

At the Office:

1. “No Products found”

Back Home:

1. “No Products found”

And this cycle continues every time I switch locations.

Has anyone else experienced this? How can I resolve it?

Let me know if you need more information.

2 replies

Under System Settings go to Manage, then Network. You can add up to 16 networks here.

I have two networks at home and one at work. At home the players can use either network and I can also take any player to work and simply walk in.

At home either network can go down for maintenance and the players will simply switch to the other without bothering me. If I check, sometimes the players will be split between networks. Note that all of my players are relatively new. I’m not sure that your PLAYBASE will be as agile as my players, but I don’t think that you’ll have any trouble taking the ONE SL to work.

Note that it will be easier for you if the work system and home system are part of the same account. In my case they are separate accounts and even though I can simply walk in with a home player, the home player is not part of the work system. My controller can work with one or the other system, not both simultaneously.