Sonos 5 pauses, Sonos one carries on playing

• 17 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Seriously getting annoyed with my Sonos 5, I have it cabled to my router in the living room, whilst my Sonos one is on wifi in the kitchen. The sonos 5 will randomly pause for 5-10 seconds at a time whilst the Sonos one carries on playing normally. This happens when it’s playing alone without the one being used. I usually play music directly from Spotify. What can I do to fix this ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It might be worth a refresh of the Sonos network, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices.

However, if that doesn’t fix the issue, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing a drop in the PLAY:5’s (or Sonos Five, it isn’t clear which you have) stream, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. 

Badge

Thanks Bruce, I reset the internet and re booted the Sonos, still having the same issue. I sent a diagnostic report this morning a few minutes after it paused again. The diagnostic number is 1583871316