Skip to main content
Question

Sonos 5

• 30 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

I am using the S 2 App - it has been working fine but..

My two Sono 5 speakers have started being only available from within the Sonos App. Their volume control is also erratic. I have reloaded the app, done factory resets, added speaker routine, gone thru the sound PIN routine, added the wifi password and reached the screen where it says the speaker is connected. However it says - If it does not appear in the system then power the speaker off and on and it will appear.

When I go to the system in the app indeed it is not there. When I power the speaker off and on it is still not there. And when I try adding I get the “I don’t see my product” message. Back to factory reset for the green led to find the speaker …. around we go again…

Any thoughts or advice would be welcomed. 

The S 1 App which I tried as an alternative says that my speakers are S2 compatible, but gives the option to downgrade to S 1. Should I try that?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Do you have a Five or a Play:5? Five is S2 only    https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-s2-compatibility

Try having them temporarily connected by Ethernet cable to your router when setting them up. 

Hi Nik9669a,

Thanks for your reply.

My speakers are Play:5 so they should be compatible with both S1 and S2 according to the link you kindly provided.

I will try the ethernet connection to the router on the S2 App for a start.

Findings:

1. Ethernet connection to a speaker with a factory reset (on green LED) works but the system is lost once the ethernet is removed.
  1. Without the ethernet connection a speaker (on green LED) can be connected but once the process is “Done” the product (speaker) is not in “Your System”

Grateful for suggestions