Answered

Sonos 3 temporary network

• 19 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi all, I have just recently switched provider and they have issued me with a new mesh statement , up till then all my Sonos system has been working fine. The only system that is having issues is the play 3.  I have tried on several occasions to set up the system and I keep getting the same message that it wants to connect to a temporary network. I seem to be going round in circles here, any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance 

Andy

icon

Best answer by buzz 27 August 2023, 13:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge +2

Further update, I have reset to factory settings, updated the app on my iPhone, plugged the system into the ethernet cable updated the play3, hey presto, it worked. Then removed the system from the router and ethernet cable, returned the system back to the dining room and now it is back to this message

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Andy_Watson,

As it works when connected via Eithernet but not Wi-Fi, then it’s possible the Play:3 is experiencing a hardware fault, however without a diagnostics it’s hard to say if this is the case as this could just as easily be a network related issue.

I would recommend you reach out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the necessary tools available to troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps! 

Same here, I guess after recent update:( it bricked one of my 5 gen 2 - could not reconnect with WIFI, while 3 other speakers after reconnecting working fine. Sonos please fix this - so many people affected as I can see across the Internet. I don’t think we all have hardware issue at the same time miraculously;(

Wire the problem speaker, go to Settings → System → Network → Manage Networks, and make sure that there is an entry for your 2.4GHz WiFi. Unfortunately you will not be able to check of the password is correct. If you need to add a network, allow few minutes for this information to propagate before unwiring this unit. If you have separate SSID’s for 2.4 and 5GHz, you can add both. Newer SONOS units will tend to use 5GHz if available, older units will use 2.4GHz.

Thanks for the tip. I’ve tried this already with no luck. One speaker stay on the wire now:( Other 3 speakers setting up quite smoothly. However, I still think it’s connected with this new firmware update. When I unplugged all speakers and router, reconnecting the whole system is a pain in the neck currently. They’ve messed up something with this update. I hope it will be fixed with another update soon.

One point that may not be obvious to everyone:  If you see the screen shown above, you need to temporarily configure your phone/pad to sign on to this temporary SONOS WiFi network.