Skip to main content

Hi, I used my Play 5 for upgrade program and happily received my 30% off. I am afraid to update them now because I heard that the speaker will be disabled because I used it for the discount. should I update the firmware without it turning to a brick? Thank you 

What makes you think the upgrade will turn it into a brick?  Sonos hasn’t bricked upgraded units since a couple of days after they first offered the upgrade back in 2020. 

Hi, I used my Play 5 for upgrade program and happily received my 30% off. I am afraid to update them now because I heard that the speaker will be disabled because I used it for the discount. should I update the firmware without it turning to a brick? Thank you 

You’ll be fine because Sonos have specifically said that we can continue to use speakers that we have used for a trade in. 

You may have some problems because of the new app in the short/medium term but these are unrelated to the upgrade program and will be resolved eventually.

Whew 😅 thanks you very much for the reply. 
I can now turn on the automatic update without fear of not being able to continue to use my Play 5. Have a great weekend.

Chief