Skip to main content

Why do my Sonos speakers come on randomly blasting out of the blue? I was on a conference call and needed to hang up to unplug the speakers behind the refrigerator. I know every app can select Sonos speaker and I cannot find anything on my end that caused this to happen and I don’t want it to happen again. We have no pets and no reason for any of this to have happened. Please help. 

Did you give someone access to you network to use Spotify Connect with the speakers? Unless you play something also after they’ve left the connection to your speakers is kept alive. So when they try Spotify the next time they wil not here anything on their end and turn up the volume - on your speakers.

If you can submit a diagnostic within a few minutes and before unplugging Sonos can look at the internal data we users can’t see and tell you what triggered the music.

Behind the fridge is about as grim as some of my Sonos, I went with some very nice remote power switches.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KFMNJLH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Fast and easier on your back. Can’t beat it for $10 or so.