Answered

Since 4/29 speakers have worked intermittently and/or flutter.

Since 4/29 I get no sound out of my ARC speakers on both TVs. Once it worked but only once. When playing music the speakers in the bedrooms would not put out sound or would flutter in and out. Other speakers would work. Then some of those would have similar issues. Today, tried to stop music (pushing the appropriate button) and it would not stop. Then eventually it would.

Mentioned this to a friend who said he has been experiencing the same issues for the same amount of time.

I check settings and the app is not telling me anything wrong/needs to be fixed. Other than asking me if I want to Tune <speaker> with Trueplay. Given that was released some time ago I concluded that likely is not the cause of what I am experiencing.

My friend mentioned that he got a message about a new app (May 7th I read) and thought the release of that could be causing the issues. 

Seems if two different people in two different locations experiencing the same issues during the same timeframe that there must be an issue that neither of us can figure out how to resolve. My settings say excellent connections for the speaker.

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 5 May 2024, 08:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Try powering down your speakers and your router. After a few minutes, restart the router. Wait til it’s fully restarted and wifi is established. Then start Sonos devices, one at a time. Start soundbar before effects speakers, and wired speakers before wireless. 

That will give the system a good clean start and eliminates the possibility that duplicate ip addresses are causing problems. If that does fix things, consider assigning ip addresses for your speakers to prevent a recurrence. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d power-cycle the TVs too, while the Sonos are powered off.