Answered

Shrill echoing sound on Play 5 cause ear fatigue

• 8 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I bought a Play 5 with serious big expectations of audio premium quality. But what I have begun to notice that the songs played on Play 5 actually have a sort of audio distortion that causes ear fatigue. It feels better to turn off the music. In fact a low end JBL speaker produces a sweeter sound.

The songs played on Sonos Play 5 are shrill, have echo in voices… sort of experience when you play a low bit rate music.

Note

1. I have tried True Play tuning multiple times
  2. I play highest bit rate songs in Spotify / Amazon / Jio Saavn

Feeling bad about having invested ₹40,000 in Sonos Play 5, when my ₹5,000 JBL sounds deeper and sweeter

What could be wrong with my Play 5 set up / circuit / factory turning??

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 8 March 2023, 12:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Have you tried doing a Trueplay? If that does not help, maybe there's something wrong with the speaker - you'd better call Sonos.

Badge

Yes, I have done TruePlay tuning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I bought a Play 5 with serious big expectations of audio premium quality. But what I have begun to notice that the songs played on Play 5 actually have a sort of audio distortion that causes ear fatigue. It feels better to turn off the music. In fact a low end JBL speaker produces a sweeter sound.

The songs played on Sonos Play 5 are shrill, have echo in voices… sort of experience when you play a low bit rate music.

Note

1. I have tried True Play tuning multiple times
  2. I play highest bit rate songs in Spotify / Amazon / Jio Saavn

Feeling bad about having invested ₹40,000 in Sonos Play 5, when my ₹5,000 JBL sounds deeper and sweeter

What could be wrong with my Play 5 set up / circuit / factory turning??

Your experience is certainly very different to that of the majority. As @106rallye says, take it up with Sonos support. 

Badge

@nik9669a may be a few pieces of issues?

I found a similar complaint 

Badge

One more 

Badge

Search for “metallic” on community page

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yup, you’ve identified a few complaints from a year or two back.

What did Sonos say when you contacted them?