Answered

selective distortion

• 16 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I now have four speakers in a room- two 100’s and two Ones. Sound is outstanding but with one major probl em. I listen to a lot of classical music, and on some orchestral recordings I get really bad distortion in in the mid-to-upper frequencies (strings). It doesn’t happen with solo piano recordings or older rock and jazz. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 January 2024, 18:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You haven’t identified your source for this classical music, so it’s hard to suggest where the distortion may be coming from. I’d recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.