Answered

Samsung S22 cannot find Sonos system, but Samsung tablet and Google Assistant can

• 11 December 2023
  • 28 replies

Badge

Hi all

I have a multiroom system consisting of;

Family Room: Arc connected via ethernet to network and via HDMI to Samsung TV. Also 2 x Symfonisk connected via WiFi acting as rears

Kitchen: 2 x Symfonisk connected via WiFi acting as stereo pair

Living Room: 2 x Symfonisk connected via WiFi acting as stereo pair

All of these speakers are linked to Google Assistant accessible via Nest Hubs & speakers. I do not have Google Assistant enabled on the Sonos Arc.

The Family Room is exclusively used as surround sound for the Samsung TV

I usually control the other rooms via Google voice control (eg, "Hey Google play my rock playing on Kitchen"). This works fine and I can easily skip tracks, pause, stop and control volume via voice commands. If I wish to search for something specific I can bring up the Sonos app on my phone (Samsung S22 Ultra) or tablet (Samsung Tab S5E), whichever is closest to hand.

For the past few months, my S22 is unable to find my Sonos system, and it appears greyed out in the app and 8 just get the message "Unable to find your Sonos system". Of course, I'm invited to fix this by running through the setup again.

* No, I did not change my router or network settings, or unplug an ethernet cable from a Sonos product

* My products are plugged in and powered on 

* The app knows about all my devices, lists them, but cannot find them

* Yes, the Sonos Arc is connected via ethernet

After this I'm expected to unplug all my speakers, then power them back on. I'm expected to power off my router, wait 10 minutes, then power it back on. I'm expected to reset all the Sonos devices and reinstall them.

The problem I have is that all the devices are visible via the Sonos app on my tablet, correctly assigned to rooms, and perfectly controllable via the app. All the devices are visible to Google Assistant and perfectly controllable via voice control. 

I'm very reluctant to start tearing down the Sonos setup when it's working perfectly via the app on my tablet and via Google Assistant. 

I've rebooted my phone, I've signed out/in on the app, I've force-stopped the app. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app. None of this fixes the issue

My network consists of a Unifi gateway with an ethernet-connected AP in each room. The Sonos devices on WiFi usually (but not always) connect via the AP in the relevant room. I don't consider this to be part of the problem because it works fine via the app on the Samsung tablet.

Does anyone have any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 18 December 2023, 16:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Badge

Thanks Ken

I'll try removing the ethernet cable from the Arc

Well, much to my surprise (😂😂😂) this made no difference whatsoever 

But at least nothing seem to broken

My thoughts are that it’s the Samsung S22 or something running on that device that’s blocking the connection. That’s where things seem to be pointing, in my humble opinion.

I would agree....but thanks for your help so far 👍

Back to square one 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Keithandrewowen 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you’re still seeing this issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I would presume that it has something to do with either the network topology, software on the S22, or the settings on your UniFi system - the team should be able to figure it out.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Hi @Keithandrewowen 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you’re still seeing this issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I would presume that it has something to do with either the network topology, software on the S22, or the settings on your UniFi system - the team should be able to figure it out.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Corry