Skip to main content

Can’t get my system upgraded to Sonos 2 (finally decided to make the move after putting off the huge investment for this long).  I’ve removed all the incompatible devices,  The System Compatibility Check option in S1 is greyed out.   I have 2 Playbars with Subs and Sonos1’s I left in my system.  I could see them both in the S1 app, but when I go to the S2 app, it says nothing can be found.  Tried a factory reset on one of the playbars and then put it in pairing mode (I hear the tone but S2 still says no products found.). Both playbars are using wired connections.  I can still see the second Playbar in S1 (but the one I factory reset is no longer in S1).     Also, whenever I try to Check for Updates in the S1 app, is says my app needs to be updated and takes me to the App Store for the S2 app.  I’ve deleted and redownloaded the S1 app to make sure I have the latest.   Not sure where to go next.   I wanted to make sure these systems move to S2 before replacing all my other setup with S2 compatible gear, but don’t want to spend thousands on new gear if I can’t get this stuff to work.  

I guess we need to read all the fine print. I didn’t know speakers were so sophisticated that you could spend hundreds of dollars on them and then fine out they have a self life and have to be replaced every 6 years? Just trying to navigate any site to get the APP reset so I can attempt to reconnect has become a nightmare. I don’t mind paying for something when there’s value to be had but currently, these have become expensive door stops! 

@Hoss on a Rant, I’ve owned speakers from Sonos for well over 10 years, I’ve never needed to replace any. Sonos still supports every speaker they’ve ever released (although not all other devices) using either S1 or S2. 

It’s unclear exactly what issue you’re running in to, so I would heartily recommend that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

@Mike_ayu , factory resets are most often a panacea, and just end up confusing things, rather than fixing things. I have previously had PLAYBARs with Sonos subs,  and Sonos PLAY:1s  / Sonos Ones, they all worked fine on S1, and at the time, I had zero difficulty updating them to S2. I haven’t gone through that process in quite a while, though, so I’m unsure of what issue you’re running in to. Were I you, I would probably call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.