Skip to main content
Question

Receiving error 701 when try to play from "Recently Played"

• 11 June 2024
  • 0 replies

Hi team,

I was using my Sonos Play 1 four speaker system to play music from my local NAS for about 5 years without any issue (if we exclude that still youtube account can’t sync, but this is not the propose of this topic). I used Popcorn Hour A110 as a NAS, which unfortunately stop working after last update that use SMB 2/3. So I bought Synology DS224+ and transferd the music. Configure it and everything was perfect until the next day when I wanted to resume playing from "Recently Played" option in iOS Sonos app. Since then I’m unable to play from "Recently Played". I receive error 701. From what I’ve read so far Sonos support want to blame network for the cause of the error, but I’m pretty sure that this is not the case. My network is pretty much the same, same router, same position of the speakers, same wifi range. Network is as stable as it was before, only changed the NAS. When I want to play just have to browse trough the synched playlist and chose the starting song and it plays. Still can’t figure out why I cannot do this from the "Recently Played". I disabled the sleep option on the NAS, so it is always ON and available. It is connected by 2 LAN cables and I can’t imagine how it can be more available and with more stable network. So please, stop repeating this regarding the network and start debugging it as real application problem.

Thanks in advanced!

Greetings,

Ivaylo

0 replies

Be the first to reply!