Skip to main content

Does anyone else have to reboot their systems multiple times during the month? I use my products for the sole purpose of listening to music throughout the whole house while doing chores or working out. Every few days, multiple speakers cut in and out, requiring me to go to each speaker and unplug and plug it back in. If this is the future, help me get back to the past. This is the most monotonous way of enjoying music and the least enjoyable experience for a whole-house music system. I've reached the point where I've reverted back to using my phone and earbuds to have the listening experience I thought I was investing in with Sonos. Just fix the problem or make it possible to reboot the system from the app.

As a guess, you’re having issues with duplicate IP addresses. You have two options to ‘fix’ that. First, and potentially more temporary, is to unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Give the router several minutes to load everything back up, and only then plug back in your Sonos to power.

The more permanent fix would be to set up reserved IP addresses for each Sonos device in your router’s software. Instructions on how to do so for your router would be in the router’s manual. A bit scary (for me) at first, but fairly easy to do, in the end, and it helped resolve that issue on my system. 

I assumed that’s what the Sonos Boost was doing, but I will give it a shot. Thanks.