Answered

Question about how to use Sonos in a network

• 31 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Heya! So I like the idea with a soundbar that is NOT a bluetooth-device. I’m looking for a sound-device that works like my Chromecast-device = everyone in my network should be able to quickly and easy cast whatever they want to the device. Is this how Sonos One works?

I understand you need the app for the first setup, but when the device is connected to my network I guess the Sonos One will pop-up to anyone in my network as a Speaker? 

Is this how Sonos Work?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by buzz 1 January 2024, 02:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Sonos doesn’t support Chromecast.

Right, but if I want to use Spotify to one of my Sono-speakers I dont need the Sono-app?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sonos One is not a soundbar. Have you looked at any of the info on Sonos’ website, such as from the menu: Learn/How Sonos works? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yes: once set up the Sonos devices should be visible to anyone on your network.

SONOS is designed to be controlled by the SONOS App, however, some SONOS players support Bluetooth and some Apps, such as Spotify, can directly play through SONOS without using Bluetooth.