Skip to main content

Having installed a new BT Hub I cannot get things to work again. (I rang the helpline which says it’s open until 19.00 hours at 18.12 but it said it was closed).

I have a S2 Amp with hard wired new ceiling speakers.

Despite powering down the amp and separately wiring the amp direct to the hub, I cannot get the app to locate any equipment.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

The Hub? Can you not temporarily connect to the router?

You could also have change the network credentials of the new network to the credentials of the old network. Then Sonos might not notice anything’s changed.

Thanks for your reply. By the hub, I meant the router. I have plugged it into that but the App says it can’t find the equipment.

I think changing the router credentials will create complications as several other connected items have been changed.

It seems odd to me that you can’t go straight the credentials on the app and change them.

It seems odd to me that you can’t go straight the credentials on the app and change them.

How do you think that would work exactly? The app uses wifi to communicate to the devices, and those devices still have the old credentials: the devices need to be told the new credentials but you just disconnected their network.

Hence the hoop jumping that is necessary to change wifi creds, and why leaving them the same whenever you change routers is always best (especially if you have 50 or so Wifi connected devices).

I’m not tech savvy enough to know but given that the app is on the same iPhone that picks up it’s wi-fi from the new router, I would have thought it should patch across. I would have thought a router change is quite common with people switching between suppliers. Hopefully the support line can assist.