Answered

Pro-Ject Phono (no Sonos) with line in ERA 300

• 12 September 2023
  • 15 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

I bought a pro-ject Phono (no Sonos) and I would like to listen through the ERA 300, but but I can’t! 

I called the support and they told me that I need to buy or a pro-ject phone T1 (Sonos) or a pre-amplifier phono. 

I need to discuss with the Sonos community to understand what is the best solution.

many thanks!

Michele

icon

Best answer by jgatie 12 September 2023, 16:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Userlevel 7

Connect the turntable to the Era 300 using the Sonos Line-In Adapter:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sonos-line-in-adapter

Badge +1

already done, I have the Sonos Line in Adapter...😥

Badge +1

They (the support) told me that the turntable signal (not sonos turntable) is too weak to be heard (with the adapter) in the ERA 300….

Userlevel 7

already done, I have the Sonos Line in Adapter...😥

Do you have an RCA to 3.5mm cable to use with the adapter? Have you set the switch on the turntable to Line Out?

What exact model Pro-Ject?  Some have a built in preamp, some do not.  If yours has one built in, you need to switch it to Line.  If you don’t have one built in, you need to purchase an external phono preamp and connect it between the turntable and the Era 100.  

Badge +1

my turntable is a Debut Carbon EVO… I think I don’t have the possibility of the line out..

my turntable is a Debut Carbon EVO… I think I don’t have the possibility of the line out..

It looks that way.  You will need to purchase an external phono preamp. 

Badge +1

Thanks...ok , this Is the way, thanks to all.

Badge

Hi jgatie!

I have the same issue, but already bought a preamp from project and still not working! 

S2 APP doesn't recognize line in.

Can you help me? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This looks like you might have made a mistake in connecting the turntable. Please tell us how you’ve connected the preamp to your Sonos device (what device)? How did you connect the turntable to the preamp? Some pictures might help.

Badge

Hi! 

I've bought a project carbon Evo + phono box by project.

Connected the turntable to preamp and preamp to era 300.

Cable to preamp came with project turntable, RCA to 3.5 bought at audio store.

The 3.5 to type c isn't from sonos. Could this be the problem? 

Tk

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi! 

The 3.5 to type c isn't from sonos. Could this be the problem? 

Tk

Almost certainly: yes. 

Badge

I’ll change it!

Tk!

Did you get it solved SRVila? I have the same problem.

Pro-ject T1 (not the one with a line out)

Connected to a Pre-amp using the built in RCA cables.

Then have a RCA to 3.5mm cable that works fine sending output to a Harmon Kardon speaker set with a line in.

Using the Sonos 3.5mm to USB-C adapter, and hear static, but no audio input

Badge

Hi !

I’ve solved it by buying a SONOS 3.5 to USB-C cable. 

Now everything works fine