Answered

power outage, cannot connect one of my surround speakers (A300)

• 20 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I had an 8 hour power outage night before last. When the power came back on my Sonos setup was scrammbled. Anyway, I was able it get it back accept for one A300. It connects to router (I can see the mac on the router) and the Sonos app, but the A300 refuses to register. So I cannot use it. I checked my Sonos account online and the device’s mac/serial number is registered. 

Things I have tried to get the A300 to register wth Sonos:

• turn A300 off and on
  • moved A300 2 feet from router
  • turn Orbi 960 mesh router off and on
  • tried factory reset on A300

Nothing worked. I do not know what to do. I hope the A300 is not damaged. It use to work great.

My system:

• Arc, Gen 3 sub, and 2 A300s,
  • Router is a Netgear Obri 960 (no satellite). 
    • connect to SSID with combo 2.4 and 5 GHz, no 6GHz)
  • ISP is Xfinity/Comcast

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by sdavis 21 January 2024, 02:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Stop factory resetting.  It does nothing except erase important diagnostic information.  You are probably experiencing duplicate IP addresses due to the router being rebooting by the power failure.  Do the following to flush your network (be sure to follow this exact order).

Reboot/power cycle each of these in order:

Modem
Router
Hubs or switches
Wired Sonos components
Wireless Sonos components
Computers, printers
Phones, tablets, all other wireless devices

Note you can prevent duplicate IP addresses by reserving a permanent IP for each Sonos unit in your router setup. See your router manual for details.

I finally fixed this after a day and a morning. Looks like my Netgear Orbi 960 router was blocking the IP associated with the A300. Do not ask me why. The A300 was working prior to power outage, after, not so. Anyway, after logging onto the router’s web browser admin setting and checking logs and block settings, it was clear the IP was blocked. 

So my solution was to change the router’s DHCP addess range from X.1 to X.254 to X.100 to X.250. Then I went and restarted every WIFI device in the house: laptops, speakers, printers, etc. I went back to the Sonos app and tried to re-register the A300 and it worked. So I was able to setup my surround speakers linked with the Arc and Sub in one room….nice

Sorry for the bother. 

If Sonos is listening in, some error message or code would be nice rather then just “Nope, Try Later.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Sonos A300 is commercially known as the One SL. Could be a gen 2? See