Skip to main content

Please add feature- sync volume of all grouped speakers using hardware controls on one speaker

Hi I’m just moving from an old squeezebox system and the lack of this feature (or my inability to find it) is driving me nuts. If I physically change the volume on one speaker in a group, I want all the other speakers in the group to adjust their volume as well. I sort of can’t believe this option doesn’t exist… I had the ability to fine tune the experience on my squeezebox system for as long as I can remember, and I think I started buying them over twenty years ago. Sonos- please add this (very basic) feature.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I think this does exist, if I understand you correctly. If you group say, 3 rooms together, and set the volume for each ( easily done now on the app), if you change the Group Volume, they will all individually change. You can see this below in these screenshots:

I hope that helps.

OK - I’ve just reread your question.

Apologies for misunderstanding.

I, for one, don’t want all to be increased if I physically increase one speaker volume. I can use the app or voice to do that. I prefer the granular ability to adjust a speaker I’m near to physically.

I wouldn’t want to suddenly be blasted by someone else raising the volume on their speaker, that could be painful. Or indeed to blast them!