Skip to main content

Hi there, 

Concerned I may have to rebuild my playlists in Sonos, comprised mostly of tracks from SoundCloud. Recreating them by adding a track at a time, when there are probably 1000+ different tracks up to now does not sound ideal. 

After the "partial outage" of SoundCloud last week, no tracks on any playlists from this particular source would play/ will play.

Tried many times to load different playlists with different tracks to different speakers on my system (have 3 different speakers)...none of them worked. This same behavior has happened both during the outage, and after the Sonos status page said the service was restored.

I tried reauthorizing my SoundCloud account multiple times, both during the outage, and after Sonos claimed service was restored...no tracks from SoundCloud would play from my playlists. Got desperate and tried removing/re-adding the SoundCloud account to my Sonos services, but still nothing plays. Fear this last action may have nuked the playlists. But good news is, when I add a fresh track from SoundCloud to just play, or add to a Playlist, I at least get music.

Is there anything I can do to restore these playlists, short of re-adding each track one by one (and deleting the old, non-working duplicate)?

Help! 

What kind of playlists? There are Sonos Playlists (stored in the speakers), Imported Playlists (actual m3u or similar files stored in your file system) or Music Service playlists handled entirely by each music service.

Sonos playlists. Compiled in the S2 app. 

That's the reason I only use Spotify playlists, that Sonos picks up. I do not know if Soundclud also offers this.

Unclear to me how Sonos playlists could be “ruined”.

The only way to “nuke” them is to factory reset every Sonos device in a household, is that what you did? If so then yes, they are gone. If not then they will still be on your system, messing with your SoundCloud credentials isn’t going to affect them at all.

You can export your Sonos playlists via my iOS app (see profile) and then import them into any music service via soundiiz.com (as music service playlists). Exporting one to a file would also let you see how it is “ruined” by loading it into a text editor.

I did not factory reset the speakers. I have repeatedly power cycled the speakers and my phone (an android), and since the outage, any track loaded into a Sonos Playlist from SoundCloud does not play - an error message pops up from the bottom of the screen "unable to play (track name) - the connection to SoundCloud was lost". This happens until a track comes up from YouTube music in the Playlist (which then plays fine) 

I did not factory reset the speakers. I have repeatedly power cycled the speakers and my phone (an android), and since the outage, any track loaded into a Sonos Playlist from SoundCloud does not play - an error message pops up from the bottom of the screen "unable to play (track name) - the connection to SoundCloud was lost". This happens until a track comes up from YouTube music in the Playlist (which then plays fine) 

Ok, so pick one that does this, Export it to Sonos format using my app, email it to the support address for the app and I’ll take a look and see why it doesn’t play. If its fixable I’ll possibly send you an edited version back.

Alternatively pick one, Export it to SoundIIZ format then you can re-import it to any music service supported by SoundIIZ, see https://support.soundiiz.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018717099-Export-Sonos-playlists-and-transfer-them-with-Soundiiz for details.

Ok, downloaded Phonos Plus on my wife's iPhone and exported one of the playlists (called "SoundCloud jams"). Sent to the support address for Phonos.org. Let me know if you don't see it, or need something else (format wise). 

Ok, downloaded Phonos Plus on my wife's iPhone and exported one of the playlists (called "SoundCloud jams"). Sent to the support address for Phonos.org. Let me know if you don't see it, or need something else (format wise). 

Got it, moving the investigation to email, will come back here if anything useful is determined.

Hi @RCPollock727 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Soundcloud recently updated their API integration and migrated their structuring. As a result, old links (playlist entries and favourites) to their tracks are now broken. The only course of action available to fix this is to recreate the playlists/favourites.

I hope this helps.

With the help of Phonos I was able to fix my playlists. The URI has changed a bit, but with a text editor with find&replace you can easily fix it.

Old:
x-sonos-http%3atrack%253a

New:
x-sonos-http%3atrack-%253esoundcloud%253atracks%253a

Just export the playlist, use finde and replace with the above URIs and import it back and voila, SoundCloud tracks work fine again.

Hi @Outburst 

Fantastic - thanks for sharing!