Skip to main content

I have a Playbar and sub that suddenly have stopped working, it may have happened when I had to turn off power to that circuit in my house recently. I see (? + sub) not configured for this room. I’m thinking it sees the sub but not the Playbar? The help article it links me too basically says unplug and replug the products but that isn’t doing anything. I tried adding a new product to get it to reconnect to the Playbar but it can’t find it. It’s plugged in with a solid white light. 

I should add that I’ve been trying to factory reset by holding down the mute and also trying mute and volume at the same time while plugging it in and it doesn’t do anything, stays a solid white light

Moderator edit: combined posts

Hi @JeanetteK, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve had a look at your system and it doesn’t show the Playbar as online, but you yourself are seeing a solid white LED on the Playbar from what I gather in your post.

The solid white LED means the Playbar is powered on and functioning, but as a test, can you temporarily wire the Playbar to your router via an Ethernet cable? If the Playbar shows up in the app after doing that, please submit a diagnostics and reply here with the confirmation number so I can have a look into your system.

I would advise against trying to factory reset the Playbar as this will delete valuable diagnostics information.

You can also reach out to our support team for live troubleshooting on this issue.

I hope this helps!

Thank you Jamie! I had accidentally left it unplugged when you checked earlier. It is now plugged in to power as well as the internet with the Ethernet cable. It still does not show up in the app, I also tried going through the ‘add missing product’ steps on the app without success. I submitted a diagnostic report, the case number is 1048608032

Hi @JeanetteK,

I’ve had a look into your system through the diagnostics and can’t see the Playbar even after you’ve connected via Ethernet. Does the Playbar react to any button presses at all or does the LED stay solid white? 

I’m not entirely sure what could be wrong here but it does sound like an issue with the Playbar itself. I would recommend reaching out to our support team as they can perform an LED diagnostics on the Playbar or can help troubleshoot why it’s not showing in the app.

I hope this helps!